Fast Facts & Statistics
Total Student Population = 4834 (Undergraduate, Graduate, and Continuing Education)
Male = 2,146 (44%)
Female = 2688 (56%)
Geographic Origin of Undergraduate Students (4,316)
Rhode Island = 568 (13%)
Other New England = 2,313 (54%)
Other United States = 1,335 (31%)
Int’l/US Territories = 100 (2%)
Graduation and Retention Rates
4-year Graduation Rate (2013Cohort) 83%
5-year Graduation Rate (2012 Cohort) 85%
6-year Graduation Rate (2012 Cohort) 86%
Undergraduate Majors by School (4,598)
School of Arts & Sciences = 1,937 (42%)
School of Business = 1,831 (39%)
School of Professional Studies = 470 (10%)
Undeclared = 281 (6%)
Individualized/General Studies = 7 (<1)
School of Continuing Education (no certificates) = 148 (3%)
Top 8 Majors – Undergraduate – Spring 2019
- Health Policy & Management
- Elementary/Special Education
Full-time Faculty = 317
Male = 196 (62%)
Female = 121 (38%)
Tenured/Tenure-track = 263 (83%)
With terminal degrees = 291 (92%)
Dominican faculty = 16
- Student/Faculty Ratio 12:1
- Average class size = 20
- Study abroad programs = 300+
- Class of 2017 graduates employed and/or attending graduate school = 98%
- PC has consistently been ranked among the top five regional (north) universities according to U.S. News and World Report’s “America’s Best Colleges.”
- PC was selected as a recipient of the Senator Paul Simon Spotlight Award. PC earned this prestigious honor for its Department of Global Studies, an innovative educational experience that focuses on internationalization.
- PC has been routinely chosen to the Corporation for National and Community Service President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll. To be named to the Honor Roll, a school must demonstrate that its students, faculty, and staff are engaged in meaningful service that achieves measurable results in the community.
- PC was the first higher education institution in the nation to offer a bachelor’s degree in Public and Community Service Studies.
- The school competes in 8 men’s and 11 women’s varsity sports, all at the Division I level, with membership in the NCAA, the BIG EAST Conference, and the HOCKEY EAST Association
Profile of the PC Class of 2022
Enrolled Freshman Class of 2022
The 1,125 freshmen represent continued academic excellence and extracurricular involvement.
- Average grade point average of 3.44 on a 4.0 scale.
- Average SAT score (middle 50% of the entire enrolled class) was 610-670 for the EBR&W (critical reading), and 590-680 for math. The middle 50% range on the ACT for the entire enrolled class is 27-31.
- 252 participated in student government (57 were class or council presidents), 978 participated in athletics (403 captains), 248 participated in theatre/music/art, 111 participated in newspaper/radio/yearbook/literary journal, and 882 took part in community service during high school.
- 20% of the class are students of color.